Elsa The Snow Queen – Photos

I’m absolutely blown away at the amount of feedback I’ve gotten on this costume – though I make costumes because I enjoy it, It always thrills me to know that other people like my work.

Today I had planned to post the first installment in a new project, but since there seems to be so much interest surrounding Elsa, I will post these instead!

I had been rushing the final bits of this costume with hopes of photographing it in the snow….which didn’t really work out. All the snow ended up melting, but a week later Long Island got yet another snowstorm, which provided excellent Frozen photoshoot conditions!

Though the snow was beautiful, and reminded me very much of scenes from “Frozen” it didn’t end up being the best for taking photos in. Since it was a storm, it was very overcast, and without sunlight there was nothing to reflect light onto the hundred thousand rhinestones. The details I worked so hard on are almost invisible.

I did take photos the next day, this time with sunlight, that show the details off a little better. Those are still unedited, but should be posted in a week or two. I posted a little preview on DA here.

Although these don’t show my hard work, I think these are really gorgeous photos, and I wanted to share them.

For detail shots of this costume I would suggest checking out my forth the making of post here.

RESIZE5

RESIZE4

RESIZE3

RESIZE

RESIZE2

REIZE33

RESIZE8

RESIZE7

Advertisements

61 thoughts on “Elsa The Snow Queen – Photos

1. Bryan says:

Oh Angela!! I’ve been keeping up with your blog posts regarding this dress. So very cool to see you in it and in the SNOW!! You look lovely and gorgeous as ever. I get the sense this was a very tedious project at times and your ability to deliver when things may not have been going your way is a true testament to your skills and determination! Love it!!

2. Birgit says:

I was thinking about your costume today as I was designing the Frozen themed birthday invitations and Valentines for my five year old twin girls. You should start taking birthday party gigs. If you lived here in greater Los Angeles, I would so hire you–my girls would love you.

3. Krista says:

Hi there,
    I just came across the photos of your work on BuzzFeed… just wanted to say you are extremely talented! Really beautiful work!

4. franciscreate says:

angela, i found your blog through a sewing group on facebook and HOLY COW, your work is amazing! i am blown away by the detail you put into this (and really all of your work). wow. and here i am working on setting in sleeves right…lol

keep it up girl, i really hope this pays off for you because you deserve it!

5. Janine says:

OMG! This is amazing! I am so fascinated and intrigued about how you create these costumes. You have an amazing talent. Well done. I’m definitely going to follow your work. I saw the movie on Tuesday and saw your post Thursday and was blown away at how much it looks like the one in the movie. Once again well done 🙂

6. Katarina says:

you should wear this and work at children’s birthday parties in your area like the above poster said. i would SO hire you!!! you could make a ton

7. Emily Hopkins says:

New to your blog. This is absolutely amazing. I personally think the overcast is perfect for this type of photo shoot. The contrast of the turquoise and colorless background is stunning. A good photographer would be able to edit the sparkle into the cape and sleeves.

8. Rhiannon Bartlett says:

I’ve just read your extremely good blog! I’m a textiles student from the Uk and am looking towards doing fashion or perhaps costume design in the future so reading this blog was an apostolate thrill! It has inspired me in my own work! Also for my 18th birthday, I plan to make my twin an Elsa cosplay as a gift, so this bold has been extremely helpful! (Also as I am going to be Rapunzel it has also helped out with ideas for that too!)

It has been such a pleasure to read this, I applaud you for your hard work and great finishing product! You’re really young but already a star in the making 🙂

9. Heather says:

The detail of it is shocking. It must have taken a long time to do. However long it took to do, it was worth it. GREAT job!!!!!!!!! 😉

10. Christine says:

My sister sent me a pin of this on Pinterest. Wow. I cannot fathom creating those snowflakes by placing the rhinestones on one-by-one. I will definitely be linking to this on my costume blog and will be following you in the future! My 10 year old daughter just mentioned to me that her dream is to design and sew her own prom dress because then she can make it however she wants. I will share your blog with her–thanks for being an incredible inspiration to young girls!

11. Shayla says:

Wow! This is absolutely stunning! The cape is so much more accurate to what was pictured into the movie then most people I’ve seen. Over all it is probably the best cosplay I’ve seen of Elsa! Well done! 🙂

12. Molly says:

Angela, your work is stunning! I am 14 and so far I have just made a few skirts, but I love all of your amazing costumes, and they have made me want to try more difficult sewing projects! You have such a wonderful talent. Thank you!

13. KJ Gabbert says:

Hello my Name is Kenneth and i was thinking of having this dress made for my Fiance for our wedding and other occasions. I was wondering if u could send the patterns. thanks for your time. Kenneth

14. Claire Vekony says:

Hi Angela ,Icannot believe one so young has all this talent.It is incredible and just about brings tears to my eyes ,it is all so beautiful.Ican only thread a needle, and Ido not sew .so youcan see why Iam so wowed .Your photographer is so clever ,too .Every thing just comes to life in the pictures.Thank you for sharing your extaordinary gift. Claire, from New Zealand