Draped Velvet Dress, Photos

As promised, here are the worn photos of this years Christmas Costume!

These were taken at a Christmas tree farm. This was our fourth years photographing a costume there, and I think this year was the most successful. The lighting was on our side for once, and it’s easier to focus on a red dress than a white one. It’s also a really easy dress to lay out and walk around in since there isn’t a petticoat.

The only downside was it being a bit muddy and really cold. It isn’t a practical dress for December. But I think it looked lovely in this environment, so I’m glad that I didn’t let that stop me.

Construction notes on this dress can be found here. And making of videos are posted here.

x-mas-2016-10

x-mas-2016-11

x-mas-2016-9

x-mas-2016-12

x-mas-2016-13

x-mas-2016-14

x-mas-2016

x-mas-201-2

christmas-2016-edit

And that’s it! I think I have one more post going up before Christmas, but incase I forget: I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas, or Holiday, or if you don’t celebrate, then a really great week in general. Thanks for reading!

Advertisements

15 thoughts on “Draped Velvet Dress, Photos

1. Dayna Williamson says:

I like your photos. I love the photo where you are smiling. Wish you would include more of those once in awhile. I know it is all about the costume but sometimes the facial expressions make a difference in how you interpret the dress and it’s occassion.

2. Chris Hanner says:

I like the shots of you sitting on a log the best! You might disagree, but I think you’re quite talented at draping on your dress form. Good job. See you in movie credits some day!

3. Satu / Sew Scoundrel says:

I think this dress turned out amazing – you look like some Yule Forest Goddess of old pagan lore. I love it!
    I actually managed to score like 4 yards of red velvet from a thrift store for about $2 and I’m thinking of turning it into a full gathered skirt… Or maybe a dress of some kind, we’ll see. 🙂 This has been a very inspirational post.
    But anyways, you did a great job with this dress!

4. Ellie says:

This costume is fantastic, I love it! Like somebody else said, you remind me of a character from A Christmas Carol. It looks so ethereal on you.
    Have a very Merry Christmas and a happy, successful New Year!

5. Jenny Molina says:

OMG !!!!! You are amazing !!! Thank U. U are an incredible… EVERYTHING !!!!! Your work, your ideas, your style, your makeup, your fotos, your designs, you are flawless !!! So beautiful to look at in every way. THANK YOU !!! A Christmas beauty 🎄

6. artsywhim says:

This is my favorite dress that I’ve seen made by you and modeling, you are absolutely stunning! Thank you for sharing your beautiful creations. You are extremely talented and I wish I had just a little bit of your talent of fabric creativity. Thanks for Sharing. Happy Holidays.