It’s been a few weeks since I last posted. I was busy enjoying a break from social media obligations, but I’m back now and happy to be writing again! I have a ton of projects to talk about – both ones in progress, and ones I completed last year and never wrote about. But I’m … Continue reading Making an 18th Century “Undress” Costume – The Jacket
Today I have the second making of post for my 18th century undress costume to share! I’ll go through making the skirt and matching accessories. If you missed part one, it can be read here, and talks about making the jacket and stomacher. I originally planned on making the skirt for this costume very simple – three panels of … Continue reading Making an 18th Century “Undress” Costume – The Skirt & Accessories
Today’s post focuses on a project that I did a terrible job of documenting (to be honest, that’s been most of my projects recently). It was also completed more than three months ago, and in progress long before that. So even if I did have a lot of photos of making it, the details are … Continue reading Making 18th Century Jumps – And how they look worn!
This page is undergoing construction – I apologize for any broken links, I’m doing my best to get them resolved soon. … 1890’s Day Dress, the “Pumpkin” Gown … 1830’s Plaid, Pleated, Dress … 18th Century “Undress” Costume … Sybil Inspired Edwardian Ensemble … Pink Sateen Ball Gown, 1860’s … Cycling Costume, 1890’s … Plaid … Continue reading Completed Work
Hello everyone! It’s been a while since my last post. In fact, I think this six-week absence may be the longest I’ve ever gone without posting on this blog. That wasn’t intentional, and I didn’t realize quite how long it had been until I sat down to write this. I thought a good way to get back to … Continue reading Progress Report: January, February & March 2017